Moxee Signal is a personal safety device that allows you to quickly and discreetly check in requests for help without a phone.
On this page:
About Moxee Signal
- Moxee Signal is a mobile personal safety system in a pocket-sized, easy-to-use device.
- Check-In to share your GPS location and let those who care know that all is well.
- Send an alert to let your personal network know you need assistance, share your GPS location, and provide real-time audio.
- Includes a professional monitoring service that assists during red alerts, where immediate danger is present.
- Moxee Signal is not available if you have an Arizona billing address or in Arizona T-Mobile stores.
- Moxee Signal has an embedded SIM that cannot be removed that supports LTE bands 2/4/12/66, as well as 3G/4G bands 2/4.
- Moxee signal features require network access. Areas where there is no network coverage will limit functionality, potentially including the ability to check-in or send alerts.
Buttons & LEDs
- Alert Button
- Alert LED: Glows yellow during an active yellow alert, or red during an active red alert
- Connection Status LED: Glows green in roaming mode, blue in linked mode, or red when no connection is available
- Location LED: Glows green when it has a location fix, and red when it's outside the supported service area
- Power LED: Glows red while charging, flashes red when battery is low, and is off when the battery is charged
- Power button
Power and Reset
Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds, until the Power LED lights up solid red.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Power LED starts blinking, then release the button.
- The Power LED will blink five times, then the device will power off.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Power LED blinks five times, turns off, then glows solid red.
- Once you release the Power button, the Power LED will glow for a short time. Once it turns off, the reset is complete.
Understanding the Signal Connection & Battery life
There are two connection modes the Moxee Signal can use to give you the best responsiveness, coverage, and battery life possible.
- In Linked Mode, your Signal works with the Moxee app on your paired smartphone and your T-Mobile network connection on the Signal.
- During an alert in Linked Mode, your phone's microphone, location services, and cellular data are used to send position and audio.
- Linked Mode uses very little phone battery life, but can let your Signal battery last up to 21 days.
- Your Signal is in Linked Mode when the Connection Status LED glows blue.
- In Roaming Mode, your Signal only uses your T-Mobile network connection on the Signal.
- During an alert in Roaming Mode, your Signal's microphone, location services, and data connection are used to send position and audio.
- Roaming Mode uses no phone battery and your Signal battery can last up to 5 days.
- Your Signal is in Roaming Mode when the Connection Status LED glows red.
Not available in Arizona
Due to Arizona licensing regulations, if you have an Arizona billing address you can't purchase Moxee Signal. The device is also not available in Arizona T-Mobile stores. If you purchase Moxee Signal outside of Arizona, you won't have any issues using your device in Arizona.