Check out the details below to get started using your T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway.
On this page:
The T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway comes with everything you need to get started on your way to enjoying your new device.
- LTE Wi-Fi Gateway
- Power Adapter
- Battery cover and screws
- Quick Start Guide and Terms & Conditions
There's a lot you can do with your new device, so here's a quick glance of some basic items:
Buttons and ports
Power/System (Front LED)
- Green: System is powered on and ready
- Flashing orange: System is booting
- Red: There was an error during or after boot
- Off: Device is off
Battery (Top LED 1)
- Green: 50-100% battery
- Orange: 10-50% battery
- Red: Low battery < 10%
- Off: Device is booting or there is no battery inserted
Wi-Fi (Top LED 2)
- Green: Wi-Fi is on
- Red: There is an error with Wi-Fi
- Off: Wi-Fi is off
LTE (Top LED 3)
- Green: LTE is connected and ready
- Red: There is an error connecting to LTE
Check signal strength
If you press the LTE button on the front of the Wi-Fi gateway, the LTE signal strength will display on the Power/System LED.
- Flashing green: Excellent LTE signal
- Flashing orange: Good LTE signal
- Flashing red: Weak LTE signal
- Off: No LTE signal
No matter what you want to do with your new device, we have plenty of resources available to help you get on your way.
Get help setting up and connecting to your device for the first time.
Where to put the LTE Gateway
- Turn off your old internet equipment so it doesn't interfere with the LTE Wi-Fi Gateway
- Place the Wi-Fi gateway in a central area with excellent LTE signal
- Keep the Wi-Fi gateway away from metal obstructions and away from direct sunlight
- Keep the Wi-Fi gateway away from the following to prevent signal interference or loss:
- 802.11g or 20MHz only Wi-Fi devices
- 2.4GHz computer peripherals
- Bluetooth devices or cordless phones
- Transformers or heavy-duty motors
- Fluorescent lights
- Microwave ovens & refrigerators
- Industrial equipment
Plug in and turn on your device
- Insert the battery into the Wi-Fi Gateway, then secure the back cover with the two included screws.
- The SIM should be pre-inserted. If not, insert the SIM card notched corner first with the gold contacts facing down, until it clicks in place.
- Plug the Wi-Fi gateway into a power outlet using the included power adapter.
- The Wi-Fi gateway is designed to stay plugged in at all times
- The battery automatically takes over if power is lost to keep you connected
- If you're connecting any devices over ethernet LAN, plug them in now.
- On the back of the device, turn the power switch to On.
Connect to your LTE Wi-Fi Gateway for the first time
- On your smartphone or computer, scan available Wi-Fi networks.
- Connect to the T-MobileWiFi-2.4G or T-MobileWiFi-5G network. The Wi-Fi password is on the bottom of the router.
- Once connected, you can use the T-Mobile Home Internet app or the Web User Interface to change settings.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into your computer's Ethernet port.
- Plug the other end into the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway in the LAN1 or LAN2 port.
Change the name and password for Wi-Fi or Administration
To improve security, you can change the default name and password for the Wi-Fi network or Administrator account.
- Access the T-Mobile Home Internet app or the Web User Interface.
- Go to Basic > Network > Wi-Fi to change these settings for Wi-Fi :
- Network Name (SSID)
- Go to Expert > Device Settings > Administration to change the login settings for the router:
- User name