The T-Mobile Home Internet app lets you access the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway and adjust some of the settings. For additional settings, see Web User Interface: T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway.
- Allows you to access and change the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway settings right from your phone or tablet
- Must be connected to the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway through Wi-Fi to access
- Requires Android 6.0 or later
- iOS is not available at this time, use the Web User Interface instead
- You can only use the app on one device at a time
- Set up your T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi gateway and connect to it over Wi-Fi. See Getting started: T-Mobile LTE WiFi Gateway.
- Open the T-Mobile Home Internet app.
- If it's your first time using the app, tap Let's get started to set up the following information:
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network name
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network password
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi network name
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi network password
- Home Internet device password (Administration password)
- If you've already completed the first time setup but logged out of the app, just enter you Home Internet device password and click Log in.
The Home screen provides information on your connection and usage.
- The top bar shows the connection status between the device you're using the app on, the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway, and the Internet.
- You'll also see your signal strength and how much data you've used this month.
The Devices screen shows what devices are connected to the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway
- You'll see separate lists for devices connected to Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
- Each device will show the device name, MAC address, and IP address.
The Network screen lets you change your Wi-Fi network name and password.
- There are separate settings for the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz networks.
- Tap Manage Wi-Fi network to change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and Password, then tap Save.
The Support screen provides answers to common questions about T-Mobile Home Internet and has the direct number for our T-Mobile Home Internet specialists in case you need additional help.
The More screen provides a few additional settings you can manage:
- LTE Wi-Fi Gateway information
- Firmware version
- Change your home internet device password
- Use this to change the administrator password used to log into the device settings.
- Enter the current and new passwords, re-type the new password, then tap Save.
- Logs you out of the app.
- The next time you log into the app, you'll need to enter the Home Internet device password.