By setting up a parental controls admin PIN, you can restrict programming based on ratings, DVR recordings, and channels.
By setting up an Admin PIN to manage parental controls, you can restrict programming like:
- Programming based on ratings
- Specific channels
- DVR recordings and channels
Good to know: Parental controls don't restrict a user's ability to view content on apps or search YouTube content.
To set up parental controls, take all of these steps:
First, create your Admin PIN
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- Under User profiles, select Manage profiles.
- Under the Primary user, select Edit.
- Enter an Admin PIN in the PIN field.
Next, enable (or disable) parental controls
- From the Customer Portal, choose ACCOUNT.
- From PARENTAL CONTROLS, select Edit.
- Enter your Admin PIN.
- From here, toggle parental controls on or off.
Now, set up viewing restrictions
- Make sure that you're signed in as the primary user on the set-top box.
- From your TV screen, access Settings from the main left menu.
- Choose Parental Controls, then select the user profile to manage.
- Highlight and select the movie or show ratings that you want to restrict for that user's account.
- Once successfully restricted, you'll see a red lock next to the rating.
To get more information on ratings, visit www.filmratings.com for movies or www.tvguidelines.org for TV shows.
Unblock a specific show or movie, without removing parental controls:
- Access the show or movie you want to unblock and press the Select button on your remote.
- Press the Select button on your remote again to unblock the program.
- Enter your Admin PIN to unblock the movie or show.