The Samsung Galaxy Tab A has anti-theft and may affect you are able to master reset the device.
- If a Google ID has already been set up (ex. Email, Play store, Chrome, etc.) and a PIN, password or fingerprint lock has been enabled, anti-theft has been activated automatically.
- If a Google ID has not been set up, see: Email accounts. After signing into a Google ID, a PIN, password or fingerprint lock will need to be set up to turn on Anti-theft.
- To turn off the device anti-theft, you will have to sign out of your Google ID on the device and elect to not sign in with a Google ID into any Google services. Once you sign in with a Google ID to any service and setup a PIN, password or fingerprint lock, you are automatically turning on anti-theft. To sign out of your Google ID, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, swipe up to view all Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Google.
- Tap your Google ID email address. If you have multiple accounts setup, you will need to repeat these steps for each account.
- Tap More.
- Tap Remove account.
- Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT.