Juggling work, school, and life without a smartphone device is hard. And if something happens to your device...let's not even go there. Instead, let's give you some peace of mind, by protecting your device. If you already have device protection and need to file a claim, find out how.
On this page:
Life happens. And when it happens to your device, anything that gets you back up and running is awesome. And we've got you covered with our current device protection plans. Protection<360>TM and Device Protection plans cover the replacement of the device in the event of hardware service/mechanical breakdown issues, accidental damage, loss and theft, even after the manufacturer's warranty expires. No strong-arming here! You're not required to purchase device protection in order to activate service with T-Mobile. But, without protection, you may be responsible for the full replacement cost of your device, and that is not so awesome.
Things to keep in mind
Want more deets about coverage, check out the Assurant's program info page on mytmoclaim.com. Just a little peek into what you get with Protection<360> or Device Protection ....
- The plan covers the device, standard charger, standard battery and SIM card (when applicable to the device).
- The accessories are covered if part of the original device purchased and only in the event of the simultaneous loss or theft of both, the device and the accessory.
- Other accessories, routers, and netbooks are not covered.
- Warranty exchanges are completed by T-Mobile for device manufacturer defects that could occur within the manufacturer's warranty period. Contact us if you're experiencing a warranty issue.
- Maximum of two approved claims within a 12-month period for Device Protection and a maximum of three approved claims within a 12-month period for Protection<360> for claims of accidental damage, loss, or theft (subject to your service fee/deductible). Any accidental damage claims serviced through AppleCare Services will count toward this limit.
- No maximum on the amount of replacements for hardware service claims.
- Once your claim is approved by Assurant, your replacement device will be shipped next business day (if available), at no additional charge. You'll have 10 days to return your damaged device. Otherwise, you'll be charged an unrecovered equipment fee of up to $1,200. Instructions on how to return the device and prepaid shipping materials will be provided.
- Your device will be replaced with a reconditioned device of like type and quality. If a reconditioned device is not available, we will replace it with a new device of like type and quality.
Protecting your device with insurance gets you some amazing benies, especially when you choose Protection<360>. We've got it all outlined below, check it out!
|What do you get?||Device Protection||Protection<360>|
Convenient claim filing
File your claim quickly and easily, either online, by phone at 1-866-866-6285 or through the Tech PHD app.
You're covered for hardware service (mechanical breakdown) issues, accidental damage, loss, and theft. Device accidentally dropped in water? Covered! Keypad stopped working? Covered!
Replacement warranty coverage
Every replacement device comes with a six-month warranty or the original manufacturer's warranty, whichever is longer.
Low fees and deductibles
You'll know exactly what you're going to pay for the replacement device, and you won't pay the full replacement cost for a device.
Available for eligible Apple devices with service and support direct from Apple®. More details below...
Available on EIP devices after 12 months or when 50 percent of the EIP device balance has been paid.
McAfee Security for T-Mobile with ID Theft Protection
Secures your digital life with safe browsing, antivirus/malware, lost device, identity theft, and lost wallet protection.
Tech PHD by Assurant
Use it to file a claim or get support for your connected devices like routers, game consoles, and smart TVs.
Unlimited screen protector replacements
Available when purchased and applied in-store by a T-Mobile Mobile Expert.
If you have an eligible Apple device and Protection<360>, then you may already have AppleCare Services included with your device protection.
- Your Apple device is eligible for AppleCare Services during the first 24 months from the date enrolled in Protection<360>, and as long as plan coverage remains uninterrupted.
- Under AppleCare Services, the accidental damage screen-only repair deductible is $29.
- A deductible of $99 for iPhone screen damage will apply if service is lost due to non-payment or device ineligibility.
- The $29 accidental damage screen-only repair deductible does not apply after the first two accidental damage claims or after 24 months from the coverage effective date, whichever occurs first. The deductible is $99 for all other accidental damage claims.
- Once the Apple device is no longer eligible for AppleCare Services, claims obligations will be provided by another authorized repair center.
- 24/7 priority access to AppleCare award-winning technical support via chat or phone.
- Software support for iOS, iCloud, and Apple-branded iOS apps.
- Hardware coverage for your Apple device, battery, and included accessories.
- Access to lower service fees: for iPhone - $29 for screen damage*, or $99 for any other iPhone accidental damage; for iPad - $49 for accidental damage*.
- Apple-certified repair or replacement with Express Replacement Service.
- Service at Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers.
You aren't covered unless you enroll and enrollment must occur no later than 30 days after a purchase of a qualified T-Mobile device. If you BYOD or enroll after you purchase your new T-Mobile device, your device will need to pass a Visual Mechanical Inspection by a T-Mobile Mobile Expert at a T-Mobile store, prior to enrollment. Please note that these device protection options are only available to postpaid customers.You can cancel coverage at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-800-937-8997 or visiting my.t-mobile.com, and receive a refund and/or credit, if any, of the applicable premium within the time frame required by law.
You can enroll in device protection in several ways:
You have 30 days from the time of purchase of your qualifying T-Mobile device to enroll. Use these steps to check if you have device protection.
For complete plan details, including benefits, exclusions, deductibles, limits, and disclosures, visit mytmoclaim.com.