Learn how to insert and remove the SIM card on Apple iOS 12. Check the software version in Software versions & updates. Additional software versions in Related Links below.
Insert or remove SIM
- Take a simple paper clip and make it straight.
- Use the images below to locate the SIM tray.
- Insert the pin into the small hole and push it slightly until the tray pops-out
- Insert or remove the SIM card from the tray. If inserting, make sure the notched corner aligns. The SIM card only fits in one way.
- Reinsert the SIM tray into the iPhone.
iPhone X, XS, and XS Max
iPhone 8 and earlier
View SIM number
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down to view the ICCID.
Using Dual SIM with an eSIM
- The iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR feature Dual SIM with a nano SIM and an eSIM.
- You can activate the eSIM with T-Mobile using T-Mobile eSIM app .
- Learn how to manage your eSIM settings using eSIM settings: Apple iPhone on iOS 12 .