Check out the details below to get started using your new Samsung Galaxy S6.
On this page:
The Samsung Galaxy S6 comes with everything you need to get started.
- Data cable
- Nano SIM card
- SIM eject pin
There's a lot you can do with your new device, so here's a quick glance of some basic items to get started.
No matter what you want to do with your new device, we have plenty of resources available to help you get on your way.
When you first turn on your new device, you might see a setup wizard to help get you started. Take a look at the steps below to walk through the setup process.
- This device has a non-removable battery that is pre-installed.
- When the setup wizard launches, select the desired language.
- Tap Accessibility to adjust accessibility settings
- Tap the Wi-Fi switch to ON or complete setup on the mobile network, then tap NEXT.
- Agree to terms and conditions, then tap NEXT.
- Tap Learn more for Tap & Go details; otherwise, tap SKIP.
- Follow on-screen prompts to set up the following:
- Google account
- Samsung account
- Wake-up command
- Add fingerprint
- On 'Setup complete,' tap Easy mode or FINISH.
- Follow on-screen prompts to opt in or opt out of:
- Device Diagnostics
- Connection Assistant
- Special Offers
- When the Home screen appears, the device setup is complete.
- When the 'Smart Switch' notification appears, tap Start to transfer content from an old device or Later to start the transfer at a different time. It is recommended to connect to a Wi-Fi network during the content transfer.
Sure it's time to say goodbye to your old device, but before you do, don't forget to transfer your pictures, videos, and anything else you might want to keep over to your new device. Take a look at the Set up a new mobile device page