Learn how to customize the display and adjust the backlight on the Apple Watch series 3.
Backlight: Change brightness
- From the watch screen, press the Digital Crown.
- Tap Settings > Brightness & Text Size.
- Tap to increase or decrease brightness.
Widget or Shortcut: Add
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- At the bottom, tap My Watch.
- Scroll through the list of applications and tap on the desired application.
- Tap the toggle by Show App on Apple Watch to show or hide the app. Built-in apps do not have this option.
Widget or Shortcut: Delete
- From the watch face, press the Digital Crown to open the app list.
- Tap and hold on the app you wish to remove.
- Tap the x to remove the app. You cannot remove built-in apps.
Wallpaper: Lock screen
- With the watch face showing, force-touch on the screen.
- Swipe left or right to highlight the watch face you want.
- Tap Customize if you wish to change features of the watch.
- Tap the screen to choose the watch face.