Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on Apple iOS 10. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iOS 10.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll to the bottom section Government Alerts.
- Tap the slider to enable or disable the following:
- AMBER Alerts
- Emergency Alerts
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds > New Mail.
- Change the Vibration and Alert Tones. To turn off alert, set the Alert Tone to None.
Ringtone for all calls
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.
- Scroll to and tap the desired ringtone.
Ringtone for calls from one contact
You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or phone (device memory).
- From the home screen, tap Phone > Contacts.
- Tap the contact you wish to change.
- Tap Edit > Ringtone.
- Tap the desired ringtone.
- Tap Done.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds.
- Tap on the desired notification.
- Scroll to and tap the desired alert sound.