Learn how to back up and restore apps, contacts, photos, and data on Apple watchOS 4.
Apple Watch content backs up automatically to your companion iPhone, so you can restore your Apple Watch from a backup. When you back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes, your iPhone backup will also include your Apple Watch data.
Here's what your Apple Watch backup will include:
- General system settings, such as your watch face, known Wi-Fi networks, brightness, sound, and haptic settings
- Time Zone
- Settings for Mail, Calendar, Stocks, and Weather
- App-specific data and settings, such as Maps, distance, and units
- Health and Fitness data, such as history, achievements, and user-entered data (To back up Health and Fitness data, you need to use iCloud or an encrypted iTunes backup.)
Your backup won't include:
- Workout and Activity calibration data from your Apple Watch
- Playlists synced to your Apple Watch
- Credit or debit cards used for Apple Pay on your Apple Watch
- Passcode for your Apple Watch