Learn how to PUK unlock Apple iOS 10. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iOS 10.
Identifying PUK code error messages
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
Entering PUK codes
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code. Entering the wrong code can permanently damage your SIM card.
- When prompted on the Dialer screen, tap Unlock.
- Enter the PUK code and tap OK.
- Enter a new PIN code and tap OK.
- Re-enter the new PIN code and tap OK.
- Wait for the device to finish unlocking.