Learn how to set up and use Wi-Fi calling and connection preference on Apple iOS 11. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iOS 11. Additional software versions in Related Links below.
Turn on & connect
To use Wi-Fi calling, you must first register an E911 address and turn on Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Register your E911 address at My T-Mobile.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
- Tap the slider next to Wi-Fi Calling on this phone to turn Wi-Fi Calling on.
- Tap Update Emergency Address.
- Enter your E911 address and tap Save.
Set connection preference
- You can't set the connection preference on an iPhone.
- The connection preference is 4G LTE > Wi-Fi Calling > 4G > 3G > 2G.
- If you're in a 4G LTE area and want to force a connection to Wi-Fi Calling, you must turn off LTE.