Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on Apple iOS 11. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iPhone & iPad on iOS 11. Additional software versions in Related Links below.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Government Alerts section at the bottom.
- Tap the slider to enable or disable the following:
- AMBER Alerts
- Emergency Alerts
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics > New Mail.
- Change the Vibration and Alert Tones. To turn off alert, set the Alert Tone to None.
Ringtone for all calls
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone.
- Scroll to and tap the desired ringtone.
Ringtone for calls from one contact
You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or phone (device memory).
- From the home screen, tap Phone > Contacts.
- Tap the contact you want to set up with a custom ringtone.
- Tap Edit > Ringtone.
- Choose the ringtone you want.
- Tap Done.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds.
- Tap on the desired notification.
- Scroll to and tap the desired alert sound.