Learn how to PUK unlock on Apple iOS 11. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iPhone & iPad on iOS 11. Additional software versions in Related Links below.
Identifying PUK code error messages
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
Entering PUK codes
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- Ttap Unlock on the PUK prompt. If you don't see the prompt, tap Phone > Keypad.
- Enter the PUK code, then tap OK.
- Enter a new PIN code, then tap OK.
- Re-enter the new PIN code, then tap OK.
- Wait for the device to finish unlocking.