Learn how to save battery life on Apple iOS 10. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iOS 10.
Battery saving mode
From the home screen, tap Settings > Battery.
Tap the switch to turn on Low Power Mode. You will also be prompted to turn this on when your battery is low
Battery saving mode settings
- From the home screen, tap Settings > Battery.
- Tap the switch to turn on Low Power Mode.
- Tap the switch to turn Battery Percentage on or off.
- There are no additional settings to change, but Low Power Mode does the following:
- Mail fetch is turned off
- Background app refresh is turned off.
- Automatic downloads are turned off.
- Some visual effects are reduced or turned off.
Tips to save battery life
- Change application sync settings
- Lower screen brightness and timeout duration
- Toggle from 4G to 2G
- Turn off background data
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Smartphone Mobile Hotspot
- Uninstall unused apps
- Update to the latest software
Set device to sleep when unused
Press and then quickly release the Power key to set the screen to sleep mode.