With T-Mobile Essentials™ for Phones, you get a straightforward plan option with only the necessities: unlimited talk, text and smartphone data on a great network. To see current pricing, check out our current options on T-Mobile.com.
On this page:
T-Mobile Essentials for your phone includes:
Stateside International Unlimited Texting when in the US and texting other countries. (Stateside International Talk may be added as an additional feature for an additional charge)
During congestion, Essentials customers may notice speeds lower than other customers and further reduction is using >50GB/month.
- Monthly regulatory fees and taxes on your service plan not included in plan pricing.
- Optional add-ons are available, such as 4G LTE mobile hotspot, FamilyMode, international data passes, and Stateside International Calling.
- Maximum of 6 talk & text lines per postpaid account, based on credit class approval.
- Netflix On Us not included with T-Mobile Essentials.
- If you switch to T-Mobile Essentials, you'll lose any free/discounted service (add-a-line) promotions, and the plan is not eligible for Advantage Volume Discount, or certain other discounts and credits.
- If you have an existing device promotion, you will continue to receive your monthly recurring bill credits. You may not be eligible for future device promotions while on a T-Mobile Essentials plan.
- T-Mobile ONE™ Plus not available to add to this plan. Check out T-Mobile ONE™ for Phones instead.
- This plan is not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our network.
How do I sign up?
Visit a retail store or call us! If you are new to T-Mobile, dial 1.800.TMOBILE. If you already have a T-Mobile account, you can dial 611 from your mobile devices to contact Customer Service.
What if I need extra lines for my Tablets or HotSpots?
If you need data-only lines for other connected devices, T-Mobile Essentials™ for Tablets and other Mobile Internet plans are available to add alongside your voice lines—just visit a retail store or give us a call at 1.800.TMOBILE (611 for existing customers). Plus, a discount is available with T-Mobile Essentials™ for Tablets when you also have one or more eligible voice lines on your account.
Credit approval, deposit, and $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 upgrade support charge may be required. Monthly Regulatory Programs (RPF) & Telco Recovery Fee (TRF) totaling $3.18 per voice line ($0.60 for RPF & $2.58 for TRF) and $1.16 per data only line ($0.15 for RPF & $1.01 for TRF) applies; taxes/fees approx. 4-38% of bill. Capable device required for some features. Not combinable with certain offers. Switching plans may cause you to lose current plan/feature benefits; ask a rep for details. Max 6 lines. Plan not available for hotspots and some other data-first devices. Unlimited talk & text features for direct communications between 2 people; others (e.g., conference & chat lines, etc.) may cost extra. Some messages, including those over 1MB, use data and may be unavailable internationally. Roaming: U.S. roaming and on-network data allotments differ: includes 200MB roaming. High-speed data is US only; in Canada/Mexico, unlimited at up to 128kbps; additional purchase required for data elsewhere. Calls from Simple Global countries over Wi-Fi are $.25/min. (no charge for Wi-Fi calls to US, Mexico and Canada). Usage may be taxed in some countries. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. For best performance, leave any video streaming applications at their default automatic resolution setting. Network: For the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo., primary data usage must be on smartphone or tablet. Smartphone/tablet usage is prioritized over Mobile Hotspot (tethering) usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on smartphones and tablets. AutoPay Pricing for lines 1-6. Without AutoPay, $5 more/line. May not be reflected on 1st bill. Coverage not available in some areas. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. During congestion, Essentials customers may notice speeds lower than other customers and further reduction if using >50GB/mo. On-device usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on device. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for details. See Terms and Conditions (including arbitration provision) at www.T-Mobile.com for additional information.