Latest page updates
April 2: Page launched
Use this page to identify software versions for the Apple iPad (6th generation) as well as details on recent software updates.
Identify the device's current software version
- From the Home Screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- Review the information in the Review software version details section below.
Review software version details
|iOS 11.3||March 30, 2018|
Available March 30, 2018
If customers' devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.
Determine update requirements
Customers' devices must meet the following requirements to update their software to the most current version:
- Device software is not jailbroken
- 50% or higher battery life
- Wi-Fi data connection or a computer with iTunes and internet access
- ~XX MB available memory (File size of update is ~XX MB)
Update software versions
Update over the air (OTA)
- From the Home Screen, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- After the device searches for available software updates, it will display the current version.
- If an update is available, tap Download. You must be connected to Wi-Fi to complete this step.
- After the download has completed, tap Install to update.
Update from a computer
- Connect iPhone to the computer with iTunes using the included USB cable.
- In the iTunes application, click the device icon at the top left.
- Click Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- If an update is available, iTunes prompts you to download and install the update.
- Do not disconnect your device until the update has finished. iTunes checks for both carrier and software updates.