Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the Apple iPad (6th generation).
Change default keyboard
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards.
- Tap the desired keyboard to change the software and hardware layouts.
Enter symbols & numbers
Apple keyboard - QWERTY
- Tap the 123 button at the bottom left hand side of the keyboard.
- Choose the desired symbol or number.
- Tap ABC to return to letter input.
Text entry mode
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Keyboard
- Tap the sliders to enable or disable for the following:
- Check Spelling
- Enable Caps Lock
- Character Preview
- "." Shortcut
Turn on / off haptic (audio) feedback
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds.
- Tap the slider to turn Keyboard Clicks on or off