Video calling is the next best thing to being there in person. Learn how to fix problems with it not working.
T-Mobile only only supports T-Mobile Video Calling service, available only on select phones sold by T-Mobile. Other popular video calling services are supported by their developer.
For problems with the T-Mobile Video Calling service included on some phones, try the following:
- Make sure the other person (who you're trying to call) is a T-Mobile U.S. customer. The service doesn't work with other carriers or numbers.
- Make sure you both have T-Mobile devices that support the service. If not, it won't work. (Visit Devices, select your device, go to "Tech specs" page, and check if they support T-Mobile Video Calling.)
- In the web browser, open a few web pages to check your Internet connection is loading. If not, follow No Internet instead.
- Turn on VoLTE in device settings. This improves call quality and allows you to stay connected to LTE data while on a call.
- Check the phone shows a LTE or a Wi-Fi network connection. 4G and lower is not capable.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling. It must be enabled if on Wi-Fi.
- Uninstall all third-party calling apps.
- Update the device software to the latest version. Visit the Devices page for current versions and steps.
- Record a short video, to verify the camera is working.
- Check that the contact supports T-Mobile Video Calling:
- Open your Contacts app, and then open the contact.
- If the contact is compatible, a green camera icon confirms both of you are compatible.
- Have the other person follow the steps above too. They need to check their settings and network connection.
- If T-Mobile Video Calling is still not working, please contact us for additional help. We may need to check a few account settings and look at the local network in more detail for you.
T-Mobile provides your Internet connect, but can't help with non-T-Mobile services you use on it. Here's where to find help for common video calling services:
- Apple FaceTime: Check out Apple - Support - FaceTime - Troubleshooting.
- Facebook Messenger: Try How do I voice call someone or a group in Messenger? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook.
- Google Duo: Use Make video calls with your Android Phone, Contacts, or Messages app - Google Duo Help.
- Google Hangouts: See Hangouts Help.
- Skype: Visit Skype Support for Skype for Android | Skype Support.
- Others: Contact the developer for help.