T-Mobile ONE Military is a plan for our nation’s military and their families.
On this page:
Get all the value of T-Mobile ONE and our biggest discount ever for families, with 50% Off* family lines. To add a plan and check current pricing, check out https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans.
Unlimited talk, text, & high-speed data on your phone. During congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB per month may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization.
In-flight texting + 1 hour of Wi-Fi on eligible Gogo®-enabled flights to, from, or within the U.S.
Amp up T-Mobile ONE™ Military
You can amp up the standard T-Mobile ONE experience by adding T-Mobile ONE Plus to your line for an additional cost. Add ONE Plus to all your talk & text lines and get a discount for your family (plan change to T-Mobile ONE w/ONE Plus Military required).
Here's what you get with ONE Plus in addition to all your T-Mobile ONE benefits listed above:
- A variety of optional add-ons are available, such as family controls, stateside international calling, and HD Video passes that can be added to enhance your video streaming.
Maximum of 12 voice lines per postpaid T-Mobile ONE Military account, based on credit class approval.
You'll lose any free/discounted add-a-line offers, and the plan is not eligible for Hookup, Advantage Reward Card, aggregate volume discounts, employee discounts, or Business Family Discounts.
- This plan is not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our network. With Simple Global, standard international speeds are approximately 128Kbps and usage may be taxed in some countries. Deployed Active Duty overseas? Let us know and we can help.
- Mobile Hotspot isn't available when roaming internationally, but it is available in Canada and Mexico.
We'll need to verify your military status using the steps in the next section to get this plan.
- If you are new to T-Mobile, you can call 1-800-TMOBILE or go to your nearest T-Mobile store to activate on T-Mobile ONE Military.
- If you already have a T-Mobile account, you can dial 611 to contact Customer Service to change your plan to T-Mobile ONE Military.
- If you're not currently the primary account holder, you may need to complete a Change of Responsibility. See Transfer account or line ownership for more information.
Eligible Branches & Status
- U.S. Air Force - Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Air Force Reserve - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Air National Guard - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Army - Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Army National Guard - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Army Reserve - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Coast Guard - Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Coast Guard Reserve - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
- Gold Star Family - Gold Star
- U.S. Marine Corps - Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Marine Corps Forces Reserve - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Navy - Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree
- U.S. Navy Reserve - Reservist, Veteran, Retiree
Who's not eligible?
- Spouses or immediate family members of living or deceased military members who don't have Gold Star Family member status.
- Government or military-affiliated workers and contractors who do not otherwise qualify, such as Civilian Military and Department of Defense employees.
- Cadets or Recruits who do not yet have documentation showing their military affiliation.
If you've already signed up for T-Mobile ONE Military or are interested in adding it, you'll need to verify your military service status as active duty, reservist, or veteran. You will have 45 days from activation to verify your military status or will be moved to T-Mobile ONE with no military discount which will result in a price increase of up to $20 per line.
If you sign up in-store, we can help you with verification on the spot (in some cases you will need documentation to complete verification). If you're making the change over the phone and still need to verify, you can follow the steps below:
Head over to our military verification page at www.t-mobile.com/military/verification.
- Enter your T-Mobile Phone Number and Account PIN.
- Check the I'm not a robot box, then select Submit.
Enter details into the required fields for the Military member. If the name field does not show the Military member's name and you cannot change it, you'll need to contact us to update the billing responsible party's name on your account and get this offer.
- Select Verify and Continue. Note: Active Duty & T-Mobile for Business customers (excluding Individual Sole Proprietor) will be required to upload additional documentation to verify eligibility.
Most customers will be verified immediately. In some cases, you may be asked to provide additional details to verify your eligibility (such as Active Duty & Business customers with account type "B"). If further information is required, you will be notified right away, and will need to upload documents confirming your military status to complete your verification. A confirmation of your validation status will be sent to you via email within 48 hours.
T-Mobile will accept numerous forms of verification based on military branch and status as show in the list below.
- In most cases, only one form of verification document is required for submission, unless you have a special situation (such as if your name has changed since your military service).
- Other documents that clearly show your first & last name, valid dates, branch and/or status may also be accepted.
- If the name on your document(s) does not match your current legal name (such as Marriage or Name Change) you must submit additional documentation (Change of Name, Marriage Certificate, etc.) with your form, or acquire a new copy of the document with your current name for us to verify your military affiliation.
- Any sensitive information such as Social Security Number, Military ID Number, etc. should be omitted, covered up, or blacked out when submitting.
- The information provided is used solely for verifying military status and is destroyed after verification.
- Acceptable file formats include .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, or .pdf.
- Leave and Earnings Statement
- Power of Attorney (military-specific)
- Leave and Earnings Statement
- NGB 23 (National Guard Retirement Points Summary Statement)
- Retirement Points Statement
- NGB 22 (National Guard Report of Separation of Military Service)
- Honorable Discharge Certificate
- Some states list veteran status on their driver’s license
- Veterans Affairs ID Card
- VA form 26-1880
- Official letter
- NGB 23 (National Guard Retirement Points Summary Statement)
- Retirement Certificate
Gold Star Family member
- Documentation showing registered dependent status
Why does the Military person need to be the primary account holder? What if they are deployed?
To verify that the military member is on the account, they must be the primary account holder. This also protects them from fraudulent use of their name for the purpose of gaining military benefits (a name can only be used once for validation and we wouldn’t want you to miss out on this amazing deal!). In the case of active duty military members who are deployed, the military member’s spouse or family member may verify eligibility so the military member does not need to be the primary account holder, but additional documentation will be necessary to verify status.
What if I have a son/daughter that is serving in the military. Do I qualify for the plan?
If your son/daughter is active duty military, has a line on your account, and is either the authorized user or identified on your account at the line level you will be able to move to the T-Mobile ONE Military plan. When you verify your son/daughter’s military status using the steps above, you will be asked to upload his or her Active Duty documents.
What does T-Mobile do with the information I submit to validate my military status/validation?
The information provided is used solely for validation of status and is destroyed after validation.
What if I need extra lines for my Tablets or Wearable devices?
If you need data-only lines for other connected devices, standard T-Mobile ONE for Tablets & Wearables and other Mobile Internet plans are available to add alongside your T-Mobile ONE Military voice lines.
For more information and FAQs, go to https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans.
Submit U.S. military verification within 45 days at t-mobile.com/military/verification; otherwise your plan will become T-Mobile ONE at an additional cost of up to $20/line per month. Military individual must be account holder & account must maintain valid military line. Limited time offer; subject to change. At participating locations. Credit approval, deposit, and $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 upgrade support charge may be required. May not be combined with other promotions/discounts and features; existing customers who switch may lose certain benefits. U.S. roaming and on-network data allotments differ: includes 200MB U.S. roaming. Unlimited talk & text features for direct communications between 2 people; others (e.g., conference & chat lines, etc.) may cost extra. Unlimited high-speed data US only. In Canada/Mexico, up to 5GB high-speed data then unlimited at up to 128kbps. Not available for hotspots and some other data-first devices. Capable device required for some features. Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. For best performance, leave any video streaming applications at their default automatic resolution setting. Tethering at max 3G. Smartphone and tablet usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on smartphones and tablets. AutoPay Pricing for lines 1-8. Without AutoPay, $5 more/line. May not be reflected on 1st bill. Int'l Roaming: Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our network. Device must register on our network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Usage may be taxed in some countries. Calls from Simple Global countries, including over Wi-Fi, are $.25/min. (no charge for Wi-Fi calls to US, Mexico and Canada). Standard speeds approx. 128Kbps without Plus; with Plus approx. 256 Kbps. Plus: Turn on HD daily. Video streams in native resolution which may not be HD. Gogo: on U.S.-based airlines; Wi-Fi Calling functionality, valid e911 address, & 1 prior Wi-Fi call w/ current SIM card required for messaging. Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for our partners' networks. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. During congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/month may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to prioritization. For these customers, primary data usage must be on smartphone or tablet. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for data management details.