The BYOD Check App checks the potential compatibility of a device with T-Mobile’s Extended Range LTE and Voice Over LTE network technologies.
If you're running into problems with this app, check out our troubleshooting tips.
What you can do with the BYOD Check app
- T-Mobile cannot and does not guarantee the functionality or performance of any handsets or devices that were not sold by T-Mobile or an authorized dealer of T-Mobile ("Non-T-Mobile Devices") for use on the T-Mobile network, or that do not have a software version sold or updated by T-Mobile (e.g., rooted devices).
- T-Mobile is not able to test Non-T-Mobile Devices’ call quality, performance, data speed, feature compatibility, or other functionalities, so please be aware some experiences may vary greatly depending on the settings from your original carrier.
- T-Mobile strongly recommends you contact the manufacturer of the Non-T-Mobile Device with any questions or problems regarding the functionality, operation, or performance of the device.
- Check your warranty and contract with your current carrier to see what conditions apply to unlocking the device.
- Coverage is not available in some areas.
What you need to use it
- Android 5.0 +
- Apple iOS 9.0 +