The BYOD Check App checks the potential compatibility of a device with T-Mobile’s Extended Range LTE and Voice Over LTE network technologies.
- T-Mobile cannot and does not guarantee the functionality or performance of any handsets or devices that were not sold by T-Mobile or an authorized dealer of T-Mobile ("Non-T-Mobile Devices") for use on the T-Mobile network, or that do not have a software version sold or updated by T-Mobile (e.g., rooted devices).
- T-Mobile is not able to test Non-T-Mobile Devices’ call quality, performance, data speed, feature compatibility, or other functionalities, so please be aware some experiences may vary greatly depending on the settings from your original carrier.
- T-Mobile strongly recommends you contact the manufacturer of the Non-T-Mobile Device with any questions or problems regarding the functionality, operation, or performance of the device.
- Check your warranty and contract with your current carrier to see what conditions apply to unlocking the device.
- Coverage is not available in some areas.
- Android 5.0 +
- Apple iOS 9.0 +
- Download and open the app on the BYOD device.
- Tap Enter IMEI# Manually.
- Enter the first 8 digits of the IMEI# and tap Continue. One of the following screens will appear:
- Tap Check Another Device to check more devices.
If you're running into problems with this app, check out our troubleshooting tips.