Learn how to troubleshoot problems with connecting to or using a home Wi-Fi network from your mobile device.
To resolve this issue:
- Check the device settings: (If you need help, look up the instructions for your phone in Devices)
- Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Battery or power saving modes are turned off.
- For Apple, Wi-Fi Assist is turned off.
- Your phone has the latest software version.
- Move closer to the Wi-Fi router, within 50 feet, and with no walls or obstructions between it and the device.
Note: Wi-Fi signal quality degrades as you move away from the router or have more obstacles between the router and connecting device.
- Uninstall any apps that manage Wi-Fi, explore Wi-Fi networks, or save battery life.
- Reset network settings.
- Turn off internet modems and routers, and restart them beginning with the modem.
- Restart your device.
- Check the password is correct. Log into the Wi-Fi network from another device to check.
- Open a web browser, and attempt to visit a web page. Some public Wi-Fi networks will display a login page that you need to pass before using the Wi-Fi in other apps.
- If issues continue, contact your internet service provider.