T-Mobile has a partnership with US Cellular in California, Iowa, Washington, & Wisconsin to expand our 4G LTE coverage. This new LTE coverage is shown on our maps, but you need to have the right phone and settings to connect to it.
On this page:
- You need an eligible device from T-Mobile or Metro PCS in order to connect to US Cellular. See the list below.
- Only 4G LTE (for data) and VoLTE (for calls, texts) services are available. Other services (2G, 3G, 4G) are not available.
- Turn on VoLTE.
- If it is off, your device will have data but will not be able to make or receive calls.
- For steps, check your Devices support information, under the Connections & Network section.
- All new devices released after September 2017 are capable.
- The following are capable if the software is updated. (Update your phone's software version while on Wi-Fi or the T-Mobile network.)
- Alcatel Fierce 4
- Alcatel Fierce XL Windows
- Apple iPhone 6 (including CMDA model)
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus (including CMDA model)
- Apple iPhone 6S (including CMDA model)
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus (including CMDA model)
- Apple iPhone 7 (including CMDA & Japan models)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus (including CMDA model)
- Apple iPhone 8 (including CDMA, Japan, & China models)
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus (including CDMA, Japan, & China models)
- Apple iPhone X (including CMDA, Japan, & China models)
- Apple iPhone SE (including Non-T-Mobile model)
- Apple Watch Series 3 (including 38mm & 42mm models)
- Kyocera DuraForce PRO
- LG Aristo
- LG G5
- LG G6
- LG G Stylo 3+
- LG K10
- LG K20 Plus
- LG V20
- LG V30
- LG V30+
- Samsung Galaxy Avant
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy J7
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
- T-Mobile RVVL
Soon to be capable
The following will be capable after a software update planned in the upcoming months.
- Coolpad Defiant
- LG Stylo 2 Plus
Devices that were released before September 2017 and not listed here are not capable of connecting to this expanded LTE coverage in areas of Iowa & Wisconsin.