Learn how to wipe the LG V30 using the hardware keys. If the device is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the device storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap Storage > Internal storage.
- Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
- Tap Cached data and then tap CLEAR.
- Wait for the cached data to clear; depending on size it will take several seconds to complete.
- When the wipe is complete, the storage screen refreshes and cached data will not be listed. This means your our cached data has been successfully cleared.
- When you enter the Storage menu again, Cached data appears and will show as "Calculating."