Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the HTC U11 life.
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer over a USB cable.
- Tethering works with Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- For Windows XP, you must have the appropriate drive installed on your computer before you can tether.
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- An icon will appear to indicate that the USB cord is connected.
- Touch the screen and slide the Status bar down.
- Tap USB network setting.
- Tap USB tethering.
Once the tethering icon is displayed, your phone is sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection. When finished, disable tethering and then safely disconnect the phone from the computer.