The Apple Watch 3 has anti-theft and may affect how you are able to master reset the device. To turn on or off the device anti-theft, you must unpair your Watch from your iPhone.
- Unpairing will erase all data from your Watch.
- When you unpair your device, your iPhone automatically creates a backup of your Watch.
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
- If your Apple Watch is unpaired while out of range of your iPhone, the backup won’t be created.
To unpair you Apple device, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch > Apple Watch, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Tap again to confirm.
- Your Watch information is backed up to your iPhone, then the Watch is erased.