Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy Note8 using the hardware keys. If the device is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the device storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Google account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Google credentials to finish the Master reset.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted and press the Power button.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.