Learn about collect calls and calling cards.
- You can get calling cards from third-party sellers, but not from T-Mobile.
- Contact the card provider for all questions and support. T-Mobile cannot guarantee how calling cards function or are charged.
- You can use calling cards when making domestic and international calls. and when roaming, but you are also charged the roaming rate from T-Mobile.
- To make calls on a T-Mobile phone using a calling card:
- Call the access number printed on the calling card.
- When prompted, enter the number you want to call.
- Wait for the call to complete.
Do not press the Send key. Pressing the Send key starts a new call, which bypasses the calling card and results in charges from T-Mobile.
Collect call charges are the responsibility of the party receiving the call. The person calling is not charged.
- T-Mobile postpaid customers can place collect calls, but cannot receive collect calls (such as from 1-800-COLLECT).
- To receive collect calls, you may use Text Collect for a one-time charge of $9.99 per call. For information, see: textcollect.com
- Collect calling for prepaid is provided by 1-800-COLLECT, and it allows receiving or placing collect calls in some situations.
- You can place collect calls with a $0 balance or a low balance, if you have received an SMS stating you can use 1-800 COLLECT.
- You can't place collect calls when you have funds on the account.
- Only customers who have a positive account balance and an unlimited plan, Pay As You Go, or Pay in Advance can receive collect calls.
- 1-800-COLLECT connects to domestic and international numbers. Their charges appear for the recipient:
- Calls to landlines: $4.99 connection fee, plus $1.50/minute rate. The person accepting the call gets a bill from their landline company.
- Calls to mobile phones: $9.99 connection fee. Includes 20 minutes of free calling time before the call disconnects. The person accepting the call gets a premium SMS charge on their bill for the cost of receiving a collect call.
- For all charge disputes, contact 1-800-COLLECT customer service at 1-800-352-7202.