Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus.
Adjust storage settings
- Set text and multimedia message limits to delete messages automatically. The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You can use this setting to start with and then decrease it as necessary.
- Change Gmail synchronization setting to every three days:
- From the 'Google' folder, tap Gmail.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top right. You may need to remove the Pen Pop icon to see the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap your email address.
- Tap Days of mail to sync.
- Swipe down until 3 is selected.
Clear storage regularly
- Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage. It must be over 150 MB.
- The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Under 'Personal,' tap Apps.
- Tap the filter to select the following:
- All apps
- Tap the desired application to uninstall. Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall, then tap OK.
View free storage space
- From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- Under 'Device,' tap Memory.
- View the average memory use or tap Memory used by apps, to view usage by each app.