Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Power off and Restart.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace live wallpaper
- From any home screen, long-tap the home screen, then tap Wallpapers.
- Tap either Gallery or Multi-photos.
- Follow the prompts to set a new wallpaper that replaces the current Live wallpaper.
- Remove widgets
- From the desired home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Update apps, clear app cache and data, view recent apps, and uninstall apps.
- Never install a third-party task manager or battery manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps.)
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- From any home screen, tap the Square icon on the bottom-right hand side.
- Swipe an app to the left or right to clear it, or tap CLEAR ALL.
View free memory
- From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- Under 'Device,' tap Memory.
- View the average memory use or tap Memory used by apps, to view usage by each app.