Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Apple iPad Pro 12.9".
Clear storage regularly
- Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Make sure to delete the media in Photos > Albums > Recently Deleted.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
- Monitor new applications that you install.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Tap Manage Storage.
- Wait for the list of applications to appear under Storage.
- Use the list to help you determine which applications are using the most space.
View free storage space
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Storage & iCloud Usage.