Learn how to wipe the Coolpad Defiant using the hardware keys. If the [phone / tablet] is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the Coolpad Defiant storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the phone turns on.
- When the device powers on, release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume up button until the Recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll to 'Wipe cache partition,' then press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Power button to select it.
- Use the Power button to select Reboot system now.