Verizon customers listen up, because we're making it easier than ever to make the switch to T-Mobile.
If you have an eligible iPhone or Pixel with Verizon (see device list below), we’ll pay off what you owe to them (up to $650) for that device via a virtual prepaid MasterCard® and you can keep your device to use on the T-Mobile network.
#GetOutoftheRed opened up May 31, 2017, and is for a limited time. So, now's the time to switch!
This offer is for customers switching from Verizon who have never participated in our Carrier Freedom program in the past. Once you remain as an active T-Mobile customer for at least 15 days, you're eligible to receive reimbursement up to $650 (limited to five lines per account) via a virtual prepaid MasterCard. Only Verizon device payment plans will be reimbursed. Third-party device payment plans (such as Apple or Google Play Store) aren't eligible.
To make the move to T-Mobile, your device must be one of these listed below:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
When you bring your device:
- It needs to pass the three-point inspection if you choose to add the $15 Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Premium Device Protection Plus™ feature.
- The device payment agreement you have with Verizon must be at least 60 days old.
- You'll need to port in your phone number to T-Mobile.
- The $10 T-Mobile ONE Plus or $25 T-Mobile ONE Plus International feature needs to be added to your device when you activate your account (T-Mobile ONE customers only; Simple Choice customers, you don't need to add this).
Ready to switch? Let's do this!
We want you to have the best experience possible when moving to T-Mobile. If you're a Verizon customer ready to #GetOutoftheRed, you'll need to bring your device to one of our T-Mobile stores. To find a location near you, check out our store locator.
Once you're at one of our stores with your device, we'll walk you through every step of the process:
- Verify you have an eligible device.
- Perform a 3-point inspection if you are adding the $15 Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Premium Device Protection Plus feature:
- The device powers on.
- The device has no water damage.
- The device isn't cracked, broken, or inoperable due to physical damage.
- Look up your device payment balance information from Verizon.
- Activate your line(s) and port in your old number.
- Add on the $10 T-Mobile ONE Plus or $25 T-Mobile ONE Plus International feature if you have a T-Mobile ONE plan.
- Download the T-Mobile app and set up your T-Mobile ID.
- Submit your information for reimbursement.
- If you want to do this yourself, you need to submit your request for reimbursement within 30 days of activation by going to www.switch2tmobile.com.
- After about 15 days, and upon confirmed eligibility, you'll receive a virtual prepaid MasterCard via text message (SMS). You can use it to pay your EIP balance with Verizon.