Verizon customers listen up, because we're making it easier than ever to make the switch to T-Mobile.
If you have an eligible iPhone, Pixel, or Samsung device with Verizon (see list below), we’ll pay off what you owe to them for that device (up to $650) via a virtual prepaid MasterCard® and you can keep your device to use on the T-Mobile network.
#GetOutoftheRed is only for a limited time, so now's the time to switch!
This offer is for customers switching from Verizon who have never participated in our Carrier Freedom program in the past. Once you remain as an active T-Mobile customer for at least 15 days, you're eligible to receive reimbursement up to $650 (limited to five lines per account) via a virtual prepaid MasterCard. Only Verizon device payment plans will be reimbursed. Third-party device payment plans (such as Apple or Google Play Store) aren't eligible. And if you have an ETF as well, you can check out our Carrier Freedom™ program for options on reimbursement for that item.
Important: If you prefer to purchase a T-Mobile device on EIP, you should consider submitting for Carrier Freedom rather than #GetOutoftheRed. Still want to submit for #GetOutoftheRed? Then you must ensure your submission is approved and paid out before completing a new EIP device purchase.
To make the move to T-Mobile, your device must be one of these listed below:
- iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, and XS Max
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, Note8, S9, S9+, and Note9
When you bring your device:
- It needs to pass the device protection visual inspection if you choose to add the $15/month Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) feature.
- The device payment agreement you have with Verizon must be at least 90 days old.
- You'll need to port in your phone number to T-Mobile.
- If you're on a Magenta plan, you need to add the $15/month PlusUp feature, or the $50/month Global Plus feature, or be on a Magenta Plus family plan.
- If you're on a T-Mobile ONE plan, you’ll need to add the $15/month T-Mobile ONE Plus feature, or the $50/month Global Plus feature, or be on a T-Mobile ONE with ONE Plus Family plan when you activate your account
- If you choose T-Mobile Essentials, you’ll need to add the $10/month 4G LTE mobile Hotspot to your device’s line when you activate your account.
- If you are an existing Simple Choice customer adding a line, you don't need to add on any features.
Ready to switch? Let's do this!
We want you to have the best experience possible when moving to T-Mobile. If you're a Verizon customer ready to #GetOutoftheRed, we recommend you bring your device to one of our T-Mobile stores. To find a location near you, check out our store locator. Can't make it to a store? No problem. Give us a call at 1-800-T-MOBILE and we can walk you through the entire process.
Once you're at one of our stores with your device, we'll walk you through every step of the process:
- Verify you have an eligible device.
- Perform a device protection visual inspection in-store if you're adding the $15/month Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) feature:
- The device powers on.
- The device has no water damage.
- The device isn't cracked, broken, or inoperable due to physical damage.
- Look up your device payment balance information from Verizon.
- Activate your line(s) and port in your old number.
- Add on the $15 ONE Plus, or $15 PlusUp feature to your device or you’ll need to be on a T-Mobile ONE with ONE Plus Family plan or Magenta Plus
- Download the T-Mobile app and set up your T-Mobile ID.
- Submit your information for reimbursement.
- If you want to do this yourself, you need to submit your request for reimbursement within 30 days of activation by going to www.switch2tmobile.com.
- After about 15 days, and upon confirmed eligibility, you'll receive a virtual prepaid MasterCard via text message (SMS). You can use it to pay your device payment plan balance with Verizon. Find out how to register your virtual prepaid MasterCard here.
Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying device, credit, service, and Verizon port-in required. Device balance (incl. lease purchase option) up to $650 paid by virtual Prepaid MasterCard® Card, including lease purchase option (expires in 12 months) typically w/in 15 days. Tax excluded. Submit proof of balance & 90+ days in good standing with VZ within 30 days of port-in and be active and in good standing when processed; allow up to 15 days. We might ask for more information. Up to 5 lines. One offer per subscriber. T-Mobile Prepaid MasterCard Card is rebate/reimbursement or exchange on port-in; for any tax implications, consult a tax advisor. No money has been paid by you for the card.