You may find one of the following occurring on your device:
- While in call, call is muted, goes to speaker phone or disconnects call.
- While in call, display is light up and will not sleep or lock while in use.
While this behavior can have many causes, the following are some known solutions:
- Remove factory screen protector that shipped with your device.
- Verify that any third party screen protector does not cover the proximity sensor located on the top left of the device
- Ensure that any other accessories such as protective cases are not covering the proximity sensor
- Verify that you are holding the phone within close range to your face to activate proximity sensor.
- The proximity sensor is located on the top left of the device.
- A proximity sensor deactivates the display and touch screen when the device is brought near the face during a call. This is done to save battery power and to prevent inadvertent inputs from the user's face and ears.