Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the LG Stylo 3 Plus.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Power off and Restart.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace live wallpaper
- From any home screen, long-tap the home screen, then tap Wallpapers.
- Tap either Gallery or Multi-photos.
- Follow the prompts to set a new wallpaper that replaces the current Live wallpaper.
- Remove widgets
From the desired home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
- Remove unused home screens
- From any home screen, long-tap the home screen.
- Touch and hold the desired home screen.
- Drag the home screen over Remove to delete.
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly.
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps.)
- Keep applications updated
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap My Apps.
- To keep your apps automatically updated:
- Tap Menu > Settings > Auto-update apps.
- Tap Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
- Uninstall third-party applications
- Clear application cache and data
- Clear recent applications
- From any screen, press the recent apps icon.
- To close an individual recent application, touch the X on the open app.
- To close all recent applications, tap the Clear all icon at bottom-right.
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- Tap Settings.
- On the 'General' tab, tap Apps.
- Tap the filter to select the following:
- All apps
- Tap the desired app.
- Tap Force Stop and then tap OK.
View free memory
- Tap Settings.
- On the 'General' tab, tap Storage.
- View the values under 'Internal storage' and 'SD Card.'