Learn how to save battery life on the Samsung Galaxy S8+.
Battery saving mode
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Device care > Battery.
- Tap Power saving mode, then select from the following:
- High performance
- Medium power saving
- Maximum power saving
- Tap Adaptive power saving to turn on / off.
Tips to save battery life
- Change application sync settings
- Lower screen brightness and timeout duration
- Toggle from 4G to 2G
- Turn off background data
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Smartphone Mobile Hotspot
- Uninstall unused apps
- Update to the latest software
Set device to sleep when unused
Press and then quickly release the Power key to set the screen to sleep mode.