Learn how to format and insert or remove the SD card on the LG G6.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
Android version 8.0.0
- From any home screen, swipe left to locate and tap Settings.
- Select the General tab or scroll to and tap Storage > SD card.
- Tap Menu > Storage settings > Format > FORMAT > DONE.
Android version 7.1.2
- From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap Storage > SD card > MOUNT.
Insert / remove SD card
- Hold the phone face up with the top panel facing you.
- Insert the tip of the tray eject tool into the tray eject hole next to the microSD & SIM tray slot.
- Push the tip into the hole until the tray ejects, then pull out the tray.
- Place the microSD card (contacts facing down) into the tray.
- Insert tray back into the device.