As of January 1, 2017, the T-Mobile Refer-a-Friend program allows existing customers to receive a $50 MasterCard Prepaid card for referring friends and family who open new postpaid accounts with T-Mobile.
Get a $50 MasterCard Prepaid card when you refer friends and family online at referral.t-mobile.com.
To qualify as a referral, your friends and family must:
- Activate a new postpaid T-Mobile account with at least one voice line and port-in a number from another postpaid carrier within 45 days of their referral. The number ported in must be the same one provided with the referral.
- Confirm their referral.
- Maintain service in good standing for 15 days after port-in.
- Submit referral online at least 24 hours before their friends and family activate their new account.
The Refer-a-Friend program is available to postpaid customers in all markets:
- You can have 10 open referrals at one time with a limit of 100 activated referrals in a calendar year, and up to $5,000 worth in prepaid cards per calendar year.
- You receive one MasterCard Prepaid card per qualifying new account activation.
- Referred friends and family must port-in from another postpaid wireless carrier and cannot have been a T-Mobile customer within the previous 90 days.
The Refer-a-Friend program isn't available to:
- Prepaid customers
- Mobile Internet-only accounts
- T-Mobile for Business
- T-Mobile employees
- Port-ins from prepaid carriers
- To start the referral, go to referral.t-mobile.com and sign in with your T-Mobile ID.
- Enter and submit your friend or family's contact information, including their name and the number that they'll be porting in. You must enter your friend's phone number in the referral page at least 24 hours before they activate their new account. Ask your friends to wait until after the 24 hours have passed to complete their activation. You will receive a MasterCard Prepaid card six to eight weeks after your referred friend or family member completes the referral requirements.
- Go to referral.t-mobile.com and sign in with your T-Mobile ID.
- Click My Referrals.
- Review the status:
- Awaiting response: Referral was sent and is awaiting a response from the referred friend or family.
- Pending validation: Referred friend or family has signed up for eligible T-Mobile service, and the referral request is being validated.
- Approved: Referred friend or family has been validated and approved.
- Denied: Referred friend or family does not qualify for the referral program.
If you've been referred to the Refer-a-Friend program:
- Within 45 days of your referral, activate a new T-Mobile account with at least one voice line and port-in your number from another postpaid carrier.
- Visit referral.t-mobile.com and confirm your referral.
- Maintain your new account in good standing for 15 days after your port-in completes.
Limited time offer, subject to change. Refer-a-Friend terms apply. Qualifying post-paid service for both referrer and referee required. Prepaid MasterCard® Cards are issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Card terms and conditions apply. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed; allow 8 weeks for delivery.