T-Mobile offers two types of promotional credits to provide discounts to customers on their bill: promotional credits for lines or service and promotional EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) credits. Learn how promotional credits work below.
- T-Mobile offers qualified customers discount device promotions and discounted line or service promotions using promotional credits.
- Promotional credits are applied directly to your account after you qualify for a promotion.
- T-Mobile also offers discount device promotions and discounted line or service promotions using rebates. For more info, check out Submit a rebate and Carrier Freedom™.
- To receive promotional credits for discounted line or service promotions, you must meet all requirements of the promotion.
- Some promotional credits will apply to your account automatically once you meet the promotion requirements.
- Other promotional credits require you to enroll on T-Mobile.com/Promotions.
- You can have more than one promotional credit per line at a time as long as the promotions are allowed to be combined.
- The credits may take up to two full bill cycles to start after you qualify for the promotion.
- On the bill, you will see a promotional description for your credit.
- To receive promotional EIP credits, you must purchase your device on EIP and meet any other requirements of the promotion.
- You may have one EIP credit per line at a time. To get a new EIP credit and keep your current credit, you must pay off the existing EIP first.
- It can take up to two bill cycles for your EIP credits to appear on your bill. If you don't see the credit on the first bill, you'll receive two credits on your next bill.
- If the EIP credit is greater than your EIP payment, you'll see two credits on your bill; one credit for the same amount of as your EIP charge and a second for the balance of the remaining promotional credit.
- EIP credits can't be sped up to pay off your device faster.
- If you cancel your T-Mobile service, you'll lose any remaining EIP credits, and all remaining EIP balances become due immediately.
EIP credit notifications
After you've met the eligibility requirements and accepted an EIP credit promotion, you will receive a text notification that you qualify and have been enrolled in the promotion. For promotions that require a port-in or trade-in, or are future dated, we send notification after you've met the eligibility requirements.
If you make changes to your account that make you ineligible for a promotion, we'll send you a message with a link to My T-Mobile so you can take a look at recent changes you made to your account.
Note: Our T-Mobile for Business and government customers don't receive text notifications about EIP credit promotions.
You can find the details on your EIP credit on the T-Mobile offer details page by looking for the Promo code for your offer.
You'll receive your Promo code in the promotion enrollment notification. It also appears on your T-Mobile bill.
We want you to take full advantage of our promotional credit. So, please keep in mind the following, which will disqualify you from continuing to receive promotional credits:
- Exchanging or returning a device outside of the offer window, where the qualifying EIP is closed
- Canceling or changing the plan or service that is required for a credit promotion
- Not signing your E-signature or completing the EIP during the promotional period
- Performing a JUMP! upgrade to a new device from a device with a credits
- Returning one phone purchased as a BOGO (buy one, get one) offer (BOGO promotions require that you keep both phones and qualifying service)
- Not following the terms of the promotion (for example, you must purchase and activate the device on the same day)