Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on the Samsung Gear S3 frontier.
When you receive a notification, it is displayed at then top of the screen and disappears after a few seconds and the Gear vibrates.
- Rotate the bezel left.
- Tap the notification screen to view the notification’s detail.
- Rotate the bezel left to view notifications.
- Swipe upward from the bottom edge of the screen to delete all notifications.
- Select a notification from the app you want to block.
- Tap the notification to view the details.
- Tap the More options icon.
- Tap Block app. The Gear no longer receives notifications from the app.
You can block specific app notifications before you receive them by using the Limit notifications settings on your smartphone. This feature is only available when the Gear’s screen is turned on. Some smartphones do not support this feature. The smartphone must be unlocked to view details when the screen is locked.
- From the Apps tray on the smartphone, tap Samsung gear.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap On/Off to activate, and then tap to select items:
- Manage notifications: Select apps on the smartphone to send notifications to the Gear.
- Limit notifications: Set the Gear to block all notifications, except for alarms, that are received when the smartphone’s screen is turned on.
- Turn on screen: Set the Gear to turn on the screen when the notification is received.
- Auto show details: Set the Gear to show details for notifications when they are received.
- Notification indicator: Show a yellow indicator on the watch face when there are unread notifications.
- Smart relay: Set the smartphone to display notification information from the Gear when you pick up the smartphone.
- From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Sound.
- Tap Ringtones.
- Rotate the bezel to view and sample ringtone choices.
- Tap the desired ringtone.
- Press the Home/Power button to save your selection.