T-Mobile Content Transfer (TCT) is an app for Android and iOS that allows you to quickly and easily transfer your important information from one device to another over Wi-Fi.
On this page:
- Open the app on both your old and new mobile devices when they are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Follow the prompts in the app to transfer your contacts, call logs, messages, pictures, videos, music, documents, and more.
- Get notified when the app finishes the transfer.
- Android 4.1 or higher
- Apple iOS 8.0 or higher
- A Wi-Fi network that both devices can connect to
T-Mobile Content Transfer provides an estimated completion time, and updates the time estimate while the transfer is occurring. To reduce transfer time or transfer only what will fit on the new device, limit the time to transfer. Touch Transfer All Content and choose a time option.
- Launch the app on both the old (source) and new (target) devices.
- Accept the application permissions if prompted.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and that both devices are connected to the same network.
- Select From this phone on the old (source) device and To this phone on the new (target) device.
- Scan the QR code from the old device using the app's QR code reader on the new phone.
- Select the content to transfer.
- Select Transfer on the new device.
- Once the content transfer is complete, verify that all content has been transferred. Digital Rights Management (DRM) protects some types of commercially produced media (such as photos, videos, and music) to prevent unauthorized copying and viewing. The app doesn't transfer DRM-protected files.
If you're running into problems with this app, check out our troubleshooting tips.