Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the LG Optimus F6.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace a live wallpaper
- Remove widgets
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps.)
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Scroll to and tap Task Manager.
- Choose one of the following options:
- To stop an application individually, tap Stop next to the application name.
- To stop all running applications, tap Stop all.
- Tap the Menu key, and then tap Settings.
- To automatically clear your RAM:
- Select the Auto clear RAM check box.
- Tap Auto clear period and select the desired interval.
- To prevent automatic clearing of RAM, clear the Auto clear RAM check box.
View free memory
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System settings.
- Scroll to 'DEVICE,' and then tap Apps.
- Touch the screen and slide left to view the 'RUNNING' screen.
- View the RAM 'free' value in the lower-right corner.