When Safe mode is on, you'll notice an icon in the lower left corner of your screen that says "Safe mode." This mode won't allow you to use some services, like calling and data. See the steps below for help turning off safe mode and using your phone services again.
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
- Unplug your phone from the charger.
- Turn your phone off.
- Turn on your phone again. Do not press keys while it starts up.
- Check that the "Safe mode" icon is gone. If it still appears, continue to the next step for troubleshooting.
- If the device still starts in Safe mode:
- Uninstall all apps that you recently downloaded or updated. Do not re-install those apps if the issue is resolved.
- Wipe the cache partition.
- Check that no buttons are stuck and that your phone case is not accidentally pressing any buttons when the device starts.
- If the battery is removable, remove and re-insert it.
- Restart your phone again, and check that the "Safe mode" icon is gone.
- Perform a master reset on your device.
- If the above steps haven't resolved the issue, contact us for additional support.