Learn how to wipe the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the [phone / tablet] storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold down the Volume up key and the Power button at the same time until a menu screen appears.
- If the arrow is not highlighting Recovery, press the Volume up until it is pointing to Recovery.
- Press the Volume down key to select Recovery.
- Press the Power button to select the language you would prefer. Press the Volume down to select a language different than English.
- Use the Volume down key to navigate to wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power button to select this option.
- Use the volume keys to navigate to Reboot system now, press the Power button to reboot the device.