Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace a live wallpaper
- Remove widgets
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps.)
View free memory
- From the Home screen, tap the Recent Apps key to bring up the Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to 'DEVICE,' then tap Storage.
- View memory by following:
- Phone storage
- Total space
- Available space
- Apps (app data, etc.)
- Pictures, videos
- Audio (music, etc.)
- Cached data