Learn how to wipe the HTC One M7 using the hardware keys. If the HTC One M7 is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the HTC One M7 storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn the phone on.
- Continue holding the Volume Down.
- Release the Power and Volume Down keys when the white screen with three Android images on the bottom appears.
- Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
- Press the Power key to select.
- The device displays the bootup screen, followed by a black screen. The device may sit on the black screen for a minute or more.
- Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
- Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
- Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.