Learn how to PUK unlock the HTC One M7. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card.
Identifying PUK code error messages
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
Entering PUK codes
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- Tap Phone to open the dialer.
- If your phone is not yet PUK locked, tap Emergency Call on the screen where you enter the PIN code.
- Enter **05*[PUK]*[New PIN]*[New PIN]#
- When the phone displays 'Unblocking PIN: Registration was successful' tap OK.