Learn how to format and insert or remove the SD card on the Nokia Lumia 521.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Insert / remove SD card
- Power the phone off.
- At the top of the phone, put your thumbnail in the seam between the screen frame and the back cover. Press the middle of the back cover, and bend the cover to loosen the top hooks.
- Press and bend the bottom part of the back cover to loosen the side hooks, and remove the cover.
- Lift the battery out using the notch located at the bottom of the compartment.
- Insert or slide to remove the memory card.
- Replace the battery while ensuring the gold contacts are aligned.
- Replace the back cover.
View free SD card space
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Phone storage.
- View the SD card Bar graph and Used value.
- For more memory information, tap SD card.