Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the Nokia Lumia 521.
Enter symbols & numbers
- While entering text, tap the &123 key on your on-screen keyboard.
- Tap the desired symbol(s) or number(s).
- To see additional symbols, tap the Right Arrow key.
- To enter emoticons, tap the smiley face key.
- Tap abcd to switch back to text entry.
Text entry mode
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap keyboard.
- If desired, tap add keyboards to add an additional keyboard language.
- For the desired keyboard, tap Type to change.
- Tap to select and the check box and enable or clear the check box and disable for the following settings:
- Suggest text
- Highlight misspelled words
- Correct misspelled words
- Insert a space after selecting a suggestion
- Insert a period after double-tapping the SPACEBAR
- Capitalize the first letter of a sentence
- Tap the Back key.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap to adjust the desired advanced settings.